FDDI – SSE SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROG.FOR CLOSING- STICHING OF FOOTWEAR
An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) is signed between FDDI (Footwear design & development Institute, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. Of India)& SSE (Society for self-employment, Dept. of Industries, Govt. of NCT of Delhi) for imparting Skill training in Closing- Stitching of Footwear.
The MOU is signed initially for training of 100 Candidates to be selected basically from EWS (Economically Weaker Section) of the Urban Population of Delhi.
The Programme is designed for 06 Weeks (Incl. Classroom & Factory internship) and with objective to translate a fresh / unemployed/ unskilledcandidate to a Semi- Skilled Operator, ready for Wage Employmentin Footwear/ Garment/ Allied industry, where operation on stitching machines is majorityperformed. Alternately, he/She may also have access to preciseTechnical education for his/her Self-Employment (Entrepreneurship).
The Programme is to run free of Cost to trainee and any Person aged 18-30 years, preferably unemployed and from EWS can apply. The applicant has to mandatory from Delhi state only (to provide relevant ID card).
The Medium of Study is essentially Hindi, and 70% of Technical part is Practical.
Along the Programme, regular classes are scheduled for SOFT SKILL Development, to make trainees better understand of Work environment, Self- awareness, Job responsibilities, healthier Personality &Team Work.
During the Programme free Training Kits, Study book, ID card, Stationaryetc. is provided to student. Free refreshment/ snacks are provided once a day, to each participant, for whole Programme.
On successful completion of the Programme, a Certificate shall be awarded jointly by FDDI- SSE authority and trainee to be placed in relevant Industry for employment opportunity.
FDDI – SSE SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROG.FOR CLOSING- STITICHING OF FOOTWEAR
VENUE: MJ FOOTWEAR PVT. LTD, MUNDKA INDUSTRIAL AREA, MUNKA, NEW DELHI.
STUDENT INTAKE: 100
PROGRAMME SCHEDULE: 06 WEEKS
CURRENT BATCHES DURATION: 21.05.15- 02.07.15
TECHNICAL MODULES (Theory & Practical) :
The program has been formulated keeping in view the following major objectives:
- 1 Introduction to Footwear Industry, World Footwear Market, Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI), Society for Self Employment (SSE).
- 2 Lay- Out diagram & Work Functions in Footwear Stitching Section.
- 3 Basic types of Stitching Machines. Ancillary machines. Tools & Fixtures.
- 4 Stitching Machine Control Exercises. Basic machine Parts & Work precautions.
- 5 Paper Stitching Exercises. Types of Needle, Needle Points, needle replacement. Introduction to General adhesives, threads, grinderies, reinforcement tapes & accessories used in Footwear Closing Section.
- 6 Threading Process. Vinyl & Leather Stitching Exercises. Single needle & Double needle Operation.
- 7 Operations of Folding, Thermo- Folding Skiving, Zig- Zag, Eyeleting, Cloth Pasting, Component Marking Operations.
- 8 Types of Seam & Bindings. Preparation of various seams as – Back seam/ closed seam/ Open seam, Decorative seam, Seam rubbing & Taping. Preparations of various types of bindings.
- 9 Basic machine maintenance tips- as Oiling, Time out adjustment, thread Pricking, Stitch length adjustment, Stitch jumping etc
- 10 Introduction to Basic shoe Designs & Styles. Constructions & Seq. of operations for various shoe designs.
- 11 Making of one pair of different Shoe Upper styles- Derby, Oxford Slip on & Court Shoe by each trainee individually. Pattern Duplicating.
- 12 Shoe Upper Quality Check Points, Upper Passing, Upper repairing.
- 13 Theory test
- 14 Practical test
- 15 Viva Exam.
- 16 Resume Submission for Placement.
SOFT SKILL SESSION:
(Regular distributed throughout the Training Programme)
- 1 Work Motivation & Team work
- 2 Right attitude to work, honesty & Safety aspects.
- 3 Job responsibilities & Anger management
- 4 Time Management
- 5 Personal Hygiene
- 6 Basic First Aid , Fire- Fighting knowledge
- 7 Healthy living & importance of Yoga.
- 8 Body Language
- 9 Adaptably & Self Awareness.
LIST OF TRAINEES TRAINED