FDDI has been awarded ISO 9001 in 1995 by BVQI, ISO 14001 in 1999 and ISO 17025 for laboratories in the year 2002.
Since inception, FDDI has been making 100% placement of students who have undergone long-term courses in FDDI.
3 Design / Development
FDDI has designed & developed Bamboo Footwear for Handicrafts Commissioner.
FDDI has provided consultancy for development of quality systems and environment systems for various clusters for handicrafts for award of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
FDDI has successfully completed the LIDCAP assignment for setting up of Common Facility Center at Hyderabad.
5 Research & Development
- Developed special footwear for leprosy patients on request of Leprosy Mission, New Delhi.
- Specifications and samples were developed for occupational shoes used by police personnel all over India. Specifications and samples were supplied to Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D). As per the direction of BPR&D, police departments of different States including Delhi Police, Punjab Police, Andhra Police, Maharashtra Police etc. are using the footwear as per the specification and samples developed by FDDI.
- Specifications and samples are also developed for MTNL staff on request of MTNL Mumbai. MTNL Mumbai has been providing the footwear as per FDDI designs from last four years.
- FDDI has developed flying boots of latest technology for Air Force Officers. The design and patterns and prototypes were supplied to Airforce in the year 1999. Since then, Airforce is procuring as per the FDDI design and all flying officers are using most comfortable footwear.
- FDDI has developed boots CFF for paratroopers for Defence Biod-Engineering and Electromedical Laboratory (DEBEL) Bangalore.
- FDDI has developed casual walking footwear (Janata type low cost footwear) for Tandupatta collectors for Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Co-op Fed. Ltd., Raipur, Chhattisgarh. About 1250000 pairs have been procured till date and Tendupatta collectors are happily using the walking footwear.
- FDDI has developed school shoes for Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) schools.